Tuesday, March 17, 2015

The Senate

"Did you watch that new show, The Senate?"
"Yeah, it's good! I watched it last night. It was a good episode!"
"Apparently the main character, the president, looks just like a Kentucky senator the republicans are nominating."
"Really? Where did you hear that?"
"It was on one of those political comedy shows - I forget which one. They did one of those sketches where they show a scene from the tv show followed by an almost identical scene from one of the campaign speeches the Kentucky senator gave. They have the same mannerisms, voice, hairstyle - everything!"
"That's kind of funny. I bet the script writers used the senator as a model."
"Exactly! But not just as a model. It turns out that the creator of the show is a major republican funder. He created the show to promote the Kentucky senator. "
"Oh, wow. That's rich."
"Apparently it's a way of getting around donor limits.  By promoting a fictional look-alike, there's no limit to how much they can spend."
"Ha! I heard they're making a movie based on the series, too."
"Oh, yeah? When's that coming out?"
"I'm not quite sure, but I think it's coming out in the middle of February."
"That's about three weeks before Super Tuesday."
"No coincidence, I'm sure."
 "You might very well think that; I couldn't possibly comment."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Cards_(U.S._TV_series)

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...