Thursday, March 12, 2015

Paper Soft

 "New shirt?"
"Yeah - feel it. It's amazingly soft."
"Oh, wow! You're right, it is! What is it made of?"
"Guess!"
"Silk? Rayon? I don't know - paper?"
"Yep, paper!"
"It doesn't feel like paper. Well, actually, now that I think of it, it does feel like super-soft, lotioned toilet paper or tissue."
"I ordered twenty of them for less than a hundred. If you go to their website, you can enter all your measurements and they make a custom, perfect fit for all the different styles."
"They have different styles too?"
"Yes - pants, dresses, socks, shirts, men's clothing, kid's clothing... They do custom patterns too. You can make your own design on their website and they'll make it for you."
"Wow. That's kind of cool. How long do they last?"
"I haven't washed any of them yet, but they claim that with their dry-cleaning product, you can wash them three or four times."
"Aren't they flammable? I'd be worried about them catching fire."
"No. I don't think so. They've been using paper clothes for years in hospitals and clean-rooms."
"Why don't they use cotton or any the regular clothing materials? Why paper?"
"It's recyclable, for one. And I guess it works better with their printing process."
"Printing?"
"Yeah, they use 3d printers - or something like them. No waste. No seams either. It's all one piece - have a look."
"Oh, wow, that's cool."
"Yeah, they're great - cheap, comfortable, perfect fit, and they look nice!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_clothing

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...