Friday, March 13, 2015

FoodJet E500

"You know why it's called the E500, don't you?" asked the mildly aspy young man to the lady looking at the FoodJet E500 food 3D printer.
"I'm sorry, were you talking to me?" asked the lady, turning to look at the young man.
"Um, yes, madam" said the young man. "I saw you looking at the food 3D printer. I wanted to warn you about it. It uses a lot of chemicals."
"What was your question?" the lady asked. "You asked me a question."
"Um, yes," replied the man. " I was just wondering... Do you know what the E500 in the name means?"
"I assume it's the model number," replied the lady.
"It has to do with food additives," the young man said. "All food additives have E-numbers, and the food printer needs lots of additives. Around 500 additives, in fact."
"Really? And why is that?" asked the lady.
"For flavor; to keep the food stuff from rotting; to keep the jets from clogging up; to make the food form tiny droplets so it can be printed. All kinds of reasons," said the young man.
"Well, that is very interesting, sweetie," said the lady. "But if it saves me time and lets my kids get what they want to eat without bothering me, then I'm willing to tolerate a few chemicals. Lord knows I took in enough chemicals in my youth, I see no reason to deny them from my children!"
"Oh, ok," replied the young man. He did not know what to say.
"Don't worry about me, young man," continued the lady with a laugh. "I'm old enough to make my own decisions. You just look after your own affairs, and I'll look after mine, okay?"
"Well, I was just - just trying to help," protested the man.
"I appreciate your help. I really do. But maybe you can just find me a sales person instead of - of trying to scare me away from buying anything," the lady said, looking around.

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...