Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Creativity Crud

I've heard a lot of crud about creativity.
I've heard how creative people are frequently bipolar or have other mood disorders.
I've heard that many highly creative people have "brain patterns" similar to schizophrenics.
I've heard that THC can make some people creative and some people, who are already prone to schizophrenia, fall off the cliff.
I've heard that urban environments stimulate creativity.
And I've heard that urban environments create more mood disorders.

Could it be that having a huge amount of diversity in your social environment creates a bit of schizophrenia?
Maybe urban environments stimulate creativity due to mental mirroring and empathizing with different people, causing a bit multiple-personality like thinking...

Creativity seems to have a high social value these days, but it might also have an emotional cost.

Something to think about, eh? No? Ok.

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...