Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Warm up, stetch, cool down

The key is to maintain intensity without getting delayed by injury. It is difficult for me to restrain myself from testing my strength, so I tend to put on too much weight and exert too intensely. This is good for building muscle, but can be bad for injury prevention.
So, in order of precedence, muscle growth is below injury prevention. You can't grow if you are injured. What are the best ways of avoiding injury while still exerting at an intensity that stimulates muscle growth? Warm up, stretch, and cool down.
I warm up, but I do not stretch much at the gym, and I rarely cool down. For me, I think it is critically important to stretch before high-intensity sets.

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...