Friday, December 3, 2010

Pith and Dribble


here's a game i like to play
i take the pea sized bundle of conviction
(the burning glow of certainty)
and i subject it to articulate debaters
and watch the gluey gullible glow
stick to one position
then another
twack twack twack
until it turns into a cold marble
of balanced, rational uncertainty
 
*
 
i mount my soap box chair
hands ready at the keyboad
preparing to pontificate
on some topic current and noble
but my ideas are skeletal
and need to be fleshed out
so i look up this and read about that
and the pithy sound bites fall apart
leaving muddy mumblings about
how complicated the issue is
 

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...