Friday, January 8, 2010

Is vitamin D used more with resistance training

It seems like intense exercise uses more vitamin D, as well as everything else, since

A)  Chemically, the various forms of vitamin D are secosteroids; i.e., steroids in which one of the bonds in the steroid rings is broken.[11] 
11^ a b c About Vitamin D Including Sections: History, Nutrition, Chemistry, Biochemistry, and Diseases. University of California Riverside

B)  It is important for maintenance of calcium and phosphorus levels in the blood

C) Calcium is critical for muscle contraction

BUT, I can't seem to find anything to support this idea... or to contradict it, for that matter.

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...