Thursday, December 3, 2009

Celebrity appeal

Why do people care about celebrity gossip? 
If I turn off my sense of superiority and cynicism, it is fun to hear the gos in bite-size format.  
It is about the same as hearing gossip about someone I know personally.  For example, someone I know sent out a text message saying he couldn't ride that morning because he had too much drink and blow.  This is classic what-the-f**k gossip. "Blow"? 
Am I low-class or innately stupid and unrefined if I look at traffic accidents as I pass by?  Or if my interest is peaked by people behaving badly or bizarrely? 
Have you heard of George Clooney?  Probably.  
Have you heard of Chris Smith?  Probably not - so my gossip about him probably not too interesting to you.

Cheers,
Greg Robin

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...