Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mutterings of unscrupulousness

"I understand what you are saying, but it makes me uncomfortable. Your thoughts are disturbing. Your moral second-guessing and cost-benefit analyzes are akin to rationalizing about how pointless it is to stop if you hit a homeless person on the street.

"The fact that you could so freely consider these possibilities makes me feel that you are morally unreliable… You would probably be dishonest and deceitful if it was to your advantage. If you offered me your friendship, I would wonder what was in it for you. I get the feeling that if I ever needed your help for something, then you would simply ignore any feelings of loyalty you might have and just do whatever suited you best.

"You cannot be trustworthy and calculating at the same time..."

...

“You just don’t get it!”

If you could see things from my point of view, you would understand. Other people see things from my point of view, so there must be something wrong with you. In fact, if you don't get this, then I don't think I can trust you at all.

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...