Thursday, May 22, 2008

Ineffectualism

I'm an adrenaline junky. If a book is boring, I don't finish it. If an idea is not interesting or relevant to what I am thinking about, I am not interested in it. But, I am interested in a lot of different ideas... for a short while, until the next big idea splashes across my brain, flooding my senses with novelty and expectation.

I have recently amped up my intake of ideas. My brain is positively percolating with unprocessed, unrefined connections, similarities, metaphors and potential fields of exciting study I will soon forget about. As soon as I buy into one idea, a better or different idea washes it away. The amount of information available through books, web pages, and podcasts is far more than I can consume, much less digest.

Oops, I just found a new podcast, "Facts, Ethics, and Policy Guiding Neuroscience Today." Gotta go.

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...