Tuesday, June 16, 2009

24 Hour Mountain Biking

24 hours? More like 5 hours with 4 hour breaks in between... or maybe, if I'm lucky, 4 hours with 5 hour breaks in between.

The Summer Solstice 24-hr race in Albion Hills, Ontario is this weekend. Once again I'll be riding with a Clydesdale team. Unlike last year, I do not plan to push it too hard - I will be doing more leisurely 1 hr plus lap times. We probably will not win 1st this year, but if there are only 3 teams registered, like last year, we will probably podium!

With an 80% chance of rain for Saturday, we are probably going to be having a wet and wild time. Oh, how I love getting pumped up for a ride when I'm tired, wet, and muddy!

After that, I will be focusing on weight training. Hopefully, if I pay attention and actually do scheduled workouts, I will break the 220 lbs plateau I've been at for the past 6 months. It is appealingly mindless to just do sets of 10 with the standard exercises.

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...