Monday, January 26, 2009

Movies

Amazon and (for Canadians) Chapters-Indigo have a "others also bought" feature, which is great for recommendations. I figure you could probably make your search for your unique style and identity much more efficient by uploading lists of all the movies, books, and products (clothes, etc) you've liked onto Amazon and then follow the recommendations. In fact, you could probably find the perfect zip code to move into and have a filter notify you of all the bills and political issues you would probably care about. Eventually, you could save time in voting by having the computer vote for you, based on how you have voted in the past and how other people with similar reading, movie watching, buying patterns have voted.
If you have a budget, a system could automatically make purchases for you and have them show up in your mail - better, more interesting books, movies, and clothes you could possibly find on your own.
What an exciting, brave new world we are entering!

To start it off, Nora and I wrote up a list of movies we've seen and liked (with the help of Amazon)("***" means we haven't seen the movie, but it looks interesting)

Punch drunk love
You and me and everyone we know
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
American History X
American Beauty
Memento
The Usual Suspects
me myself and irene
Night at the Roxbury
Cache
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry
My sone the fanatic
the truman show
bhaji on the beach
inch allah dimache
lars and the real girl
little miss sunshine
Persepolis
Paradise Now
Fire
Sam and I
Mississippi Masala
Monsoon Wedding ***
Bend It Like Beckham
Whale Rider
Nurse Betty
My Big Fat Greek Wedding
c.r.a.z.y.
Ali Zaoua*********
Viva La'ldjerie**************
Caramel********
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly *******
The Visitor****
Adaptation
Magnolia
American Psycho*******
A Clockwork Orange *******
Run Lola Run
Cinderella Man****
The Namesake**************
A beautiful mind
Amadeaus
A room with a view
My immortal beloved
my beautiful launderette
My Left Foot (Special Edition)
In the Name of the Father
Men in Black
Torch Song Trilogy***********
bon cop bad cop
Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day*******
Le Grande Voyage********
Raja*****
la sex des etoiles*****
Rachida****
Cinema Paradiso
Chocolate
Delecatesin
Strawberry & Chocolate
Il Postino
Amores Perros
Y tu mama tambien
Gandhi
Day without a mexican
Bread and Roses
The Wooden Camera
Al Otro Lado*********
Sarafina *****
Cry Freedom *********
21 Up South Africa Mandela's Children *********
Cry, The Beloved Country****
Yesterday*******
Do the Right Thing
Jungle Fever
Summer of Sam
Donnie Brasco
Trainspotting
Blow
Clerks
21 Grams
Stranger Than Fiction
Fight Club
Return of the Barbarians
Decline of the American Empire
Jesus of Montreal
The Lives of Others *********
Tsotsi*******
Kolya
The Mission
Roxanne
Shakespear in Love
Mrs. Brown
Black Robe

No comments:

Prison Breaks

I write these lines from within prison walls. While I am guilty of killing many people, that is not the reason I am here. I am honored for m...